Fox News Host Threatens HuffPost Journalist With $50M Lawsuit Over Sexting Scandal

Posted August 11, 2017

Eric Bolling, the Fox News host accused of sending unsolicited pictures of his genitalia to female colleagues, has sued the journalist who made the accusation, and the publication that ran the story, Washington Post is reporting. Bolling's attorneys, courtesy of the law firm representing President Trump, called Ali's report an "intentional and/or highly reckless publication of actionable false and misleading statements about the plaintiff's conduct and character".

Ali wrote on Twitter Wednesday that he has received a summons from Bolling, and says he stands by his reporting and will protect his sources.

"Overwhelmed by all the support I have received", Bolling tweeted Monday.

It looks like Fox News' Eric Bolling is going after the reporter who broke the story about his alleged harassing texts to female colleagues - a story which led to Bolling's suspension at the network.

He also noted that Bolling is not suing HuffPost, which published Ali's article.

Nevertheless, the summons targeted the reporter specifically, making no mention of HuffPost.

Less than 24 hours after the accusations, Fox News announced it suspended Bolling indefinitely, saying it's investigating the matter.

HuffPost backed up their writer, issuing the response, "Yashar Ali is a careful and meticulous reporter".

"Eric Bolling has been suspended pending the results of an investigation, which is now underway", a Fox News spokesperson said in a statement to HuffPost. "We stand by his reporting", a spokesperson for the website told BuzzFeed News. On one occasion when she was in town, he took her into his office and told her it was his favorite place to have sex, she said.

Bolling first joined Fox News in 2008 after leaving CNBC, hosting the Saturday morning business show hosts "Cashin" In' at 11.30am. HuffPost Editor in Chief Lydia Polgreen said in a tweet that "w$3 e have no hesitation about standing by him financially in this case". The other two, she claims, were former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly and current consultant Woody Fraser. Last summer the network's founder, Roger Ailes, was forced from his leadership position after former anchor Gretchen Carlson accused him of sexual harassment. The network is also looking into a separate claim by frequent Fox News guest Caroline Heldman that Bolling sexually harassed her. When Weiner pleaded guilty earlier this year to sending obscene material to an underage girl, Bolling said he was a "sick human being, to continue to do this time and time again".