Autopsy finds rapper Mac Miller died from drugs and alcohol

Autopsy finds rapper Mac Miller died from drugs and alcohol

His death has been categorized by the Coroner as an "accidental overdose".

Paramedics found Miller unresponsive in his Los Angeles home on September 7 and declared him dead soon after.

It took months to complete the toxicology report, which revealed that Miller had the deadly mix of drugs in his system.

His death was also characterised as accidental. Someone in the home called 911 on Friday around noon and the call came in as a "cardiac arrest", as it seems that the person who found him didn't realize that he was already dead.

More news: Three Girl Scouts Killed In Hit-And-Run While Picking Up Rubbish

Authorities performed an autopsy on Miller the following day but "a cause of death was deferred pending further investigation", the medical examiner's office said in a release.

An empty bottle of alcohol was found on a nightstand near his bed. According to the report, "a white powdery substance, non-prescribed medication, prescription medication, and a rolled 20 dollar bill with white powder residue were collected from the scene and booked into evidence". He had a history of drug and alcohol abuse, but his mother told investigators he had not overdosed in the past to her knowledge, or been hospitalized for any reason.

The rapper, whose real name was Malcolm James Myers McCormick, was generally healthy otherwise, the report stated.

Several artists, including Chance the Rapper, ScHoolboy Q and Ty Dolla $ign, paid tribute to him last week at a benefit concert in Los Angeles.

Related Articles